Thursday, December 7, 2023

'F*** off fixer!': Sreesanth opens lid on altercation with Gautam Gambhir

Just hours after saying Gautam Gambhir called him “something very rude” during a Legends League Cricket (LLC) match, S Sreesanth has opened the lid on what the 2011 World Cup-winner said in the heated exchange.

The intense argument between the two happened during an LLC Qualifier match between India Capitals and Gujarat Giants. It reached a point that players and umpires had to step in to prevent the issue from getting worse.

In an Instagram post, Sreesanth shared a video of what happened in the exchange. The seamer alleged that Gambhir repeatedly called him a ‘fixer’.

“I am truly grateful for the wonderful opportunities that life has given me, including the privilege of playing cricket. I want to express my sincere love and respect to all of you. I will continue to give my best without worrying about anything else. Your love and support mean the world to me, and I humbly ask for your continued encouragement. I am just an ordinary individual from Kerala who had the fortune of winning two world cups, thanks to the grace of God. Rest assured, those who spread false news will receive their just consequences,” said the post caption.

In the video he said, “Lot of channels have been calling me, asking me what happened. I am not going to spend a lot of PR, to spread the wrong news. I wanted to do this live to clear the air. Yesterday I didn’t say what he called me. His PR has been calling me, he has the money and I am just a normal person. God has been kind and I’ve fought my battles alone with the support of my family, my dear ones and with all your support.”

“Just want to say this, he kept on calling me on live television, on centre wicket, I’ve not used a single bad word. I’ve not used a single abuse to him. I’ve only said ‘what are you saying? what are you saying?’ and I kept laughing in a sarcastic way because he kept calling me a fixer, fixer, fixer. You’re a fixer. Forgive my language but f*** off! F*** off fixer! This is the language he used and he told the umpires also the same thing when they were trying to control him. I moved away but he kept on calling me the same thing again and again.”

“All I want to say is that if he wants to keep fighting with all his colleagues, I am not going to go use my PR and go to each channel and start talking. This is the truth and whatever videos are circulating, they’re trying to keep that person (Gambhir) in the best possible way.”

“Mere taraf se, maine ek bhi galat shabd nahi use kiya hain (From my side, I haven’t used a single bad word) Please guys, support the truth. The real truth. He’s been doing it with a lot of people, not just me. I have no idea why he started it. It was the end of the over when they had lost one wicket also. I have no idea what made him say it.”

“His people are saying that he said ‘sixer, sixer, sixer’. I request everyone, please don’t fall for that, the extra paid PR work. I am a normal person like you, just want to share my humble request. Please trust me on this. Lots of love, Jai Hind!”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by SREE SANTH (@sreesanthnair36)

Sreesanth was initially banned for life after spot-fixing in the 2013 IPL. However, the ban was reduced to seven years in 2019.

Interestingly, Gambhir posted a vague Instagram photo with the caption, “Smile when the world is all about attention!”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Gautam Gambhir (@gautamgambhir55)

The argument happened in the second over of the LLC match when Gambhir hit Sreesanth for a four and a six on consecutive deliveries. Gambhir would then hit the next delivery ball to a fielder, which brought on some words from Sreesanth.

In the end, though, Gambhir’s Capitals would progress to the Eliminator, where they face Manipal Tigers. The winner of the Eliminator will take on Urbanrisers Hyderabad in the final.



from Firstpost Sports Latest News https://ift.tt/eZNiGoM

No comments:

Post a Comment