Monday, January 15, 2024

'Looking forward to the day we play together': Novak Djokovic responds to Virat Kohli's anecdote

Virat Kohli recently revealed his bonding with legendary Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic. The talismanic India batter recalled how a simple “hello” on Instagram resulted in a cross-sport camaraderie. Kohli’s interesting anecdote was shared by the official handle of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on the social media platform X, formerly Twitter.

Djokovic has reacted to the post by penning a heartfelt note. The Serbian great thanked Kohli for his “kind words.” Djokovic even expressed his desire to play with Kohli in the future.

“Thank you for these kind words Virat Kohli. Looking forward to the day we play together,” wrote Djokovic, who is currently defending his Australian Open title in Melbourne.

Earlier, BCCI had shared a moving post which perfectly encapsulated Kohli’s admiration for Djokovic. “I got in touch with Novak very organically, I was just looking at his profile once on Instagram and I just happened to press the message button. I thought I’ll just say hello, maybe,” the former India skipper revealed in the video.

“And then I saw a message from him on my DM already. I never opened it myself. So, the first time I saw my own messages myself, I saw, that he messaged me himself. And I was like, let me just check if it’s a fake account or something like that. But then I checked it again and it was legitimate. And then, yeah, we got talking. We keep exchanging messages every now and then. I congratulated him for all his amazing achievements.,” he added.

Djokovic and Kohli have been greats in their respective fields and even in their mid-30s, the two are aiming to achieve more success. While Djokovic is now taking part in the Australian Open, Kohli is busy with international assignments.

Kohli made a comeback to T20I cricket on Sunday night during the second match against Afghanistan. He scored 29 off 16 balls in that game played at the Holkar Cricket Stadium in Indore. Team India won the contest by six wickets.

Meanwhile, chasing a record-extending 11th men’s title at the Australian Open, Djokovic kicked off his campaign with a hard-fought win over qualifier Dino Prizmic. Djokovic needed just over four hours to get the better of his Croatian opponent in the first round of the Australian Open.



from Firstpost Sports Latest News https://ift.tt/aVCDQj1

No comments:

Post a Comment