Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Neeraj Chopra ruled out of Commonwealth Games with fitness concerns

Neeraj Chopra has been ruled out of the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham due to "concerns regarding his fitness." The javelin thrower sustained the issue during the World Athletics Championships in Eugene, Oregon where he finished silver medallist.

Neeraj's discomfort was all too visible during the worlds final with a groin injury hampering him. He would tighten a strap around his right thigh to be able to compete fully.

“I did not feel good in my first three throws. My warm-up was not good. And I felt something in my groin during the throw, but I think it is okay," he said on Saturday.

(to be updated...)

Read all the Latest NewsTrending NewsCricket NewsBollywood NewsIndia News and Entertainment News here. Follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.



from Firstpost Sports Latest News https://ift.tt/hEBgb83

No comments:

Post a Comment